Skip to main content

Final Blog Post

Prior to the start of the semester I had previously taken two film based photography classes in high school. We went over things like exposure, aperature, and more specifically the art of processing film rolls and developing photos. We had went over the rule of thirds as a way to generally set up our photographs. Other than that it was just a fun class to take with friends.

Photography at Rocky has taught me alot about what I enjoy in photographs what to try and do to appeal to others. One of the most impactfulparts of the semester was learning the rules of dominance. Familiarizing myself with them I feel that I am able to compose better photographs while on the fly, instead of just haphazardly pointing and shooting. Another thing I was excited to learn about was using the back button to focus. I dont think I will ever use my camera without that function again. I also learned to use lightroom with greater efficacy.

I'm excited to take my new learned skills out with me into the field for the rest of my life and be able to create photos to commemorate my times out in the field.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Galápagos Islands Wildlife

Galapagos Penguin Sally Lightfoot Crab Marine Iguana Sea Lion Land Iguana Flightless Cormorant Painted Locust

Filters

Skylight Filter-Protects front element from being damaged     Polarizing Filter-Reduce reflections and increase color saturation Neutral Density Filter-Allows for long shutter speed, wider aperatures Graduated Neutral Density Filter- different strengths of transitions between  light and dark areas of the filter, gives a more balanced exposure of a photo where one half is more exposed than the other

Photographing Natural Patterns

Look for bunching of groups and repitition of space and shapes Counterpointing of spacing instead of consistency Use a telephoto lens and/or extension tubes to bring your focusing point closer Use a small aperture to keep things crisp Fill entire frame with the pattern Use a out of place element to add interest Use reflector to diffuse light towards subject instead of direct lighting